5 Quick and Easy Ways to Save on Auto Insurance 43 Comments
The following is a guest post. If interested in submitting a guest post, please read my
guest posting policy and then contact me.
Why you are paying more for auto insurance
Just like with many other things in your life, you are probably paying more for your auto insurance then you should be paying. Like most people, you fall into the habit of simply renewing your policy when you get your notice in the mail. It is the easiest option after all, right? Some insurance companies don’t even require that you send back anything and automatically renew your policy unless they hear from you.
The same goes for others things in your life too. Once the cable, phone or your car insurance is set up you go into payment autopilot. You get accustomed to paying the same amount each month and since it fits into your budget, you don’t really give it much thought going forward. Unfortunately, this leads to you paying more then you need to for things.
It only takes a few minutes to save a few bucks
The good news is that a little action can go a long way to help you lower your rates and put more money back in your pocket. Getting a better rate on your car insurance is often only a matter of making a call, asking the right questions, or requesting a quote from cheaper insurance companies like Good2Go Insurance.
There is no magic formula to get the best rates possible
The truth is that there is no secret way to get a better car insurance rate. And, you probably know what you need to do; you just have to actually do it.
There are a number of effective ways to save on auto insurance that you know about already. So, let’s refresh your memory so you can take action and save money:
1. Don’t wait until renewal time to start your search: If you are serious about getting a better rate start looking now. Don’t wait until your policy comes up for renewal. This will just put you under a time constraint and you will be more likely to renew than take the time to find a new auto insurance policy.
2. Work with a broker: Insurance brokers work for you. It is in their best interest to find you the best rates possible. Since they often work with a number of insurance providers, they can get you a number of quotes from a number of sources, giving you some flexible options to consider. They can also answer any questions to have about your policy and are an effective an unbiased source to use when looking to get information.
3. Get more than one quote: Performing your due diligence as a consumer is not getting one quote before making a decision. If you want to save money, you need to take the time to get a series of quotes. This will give you a good assessment of the type of pricing and policy options that are available to you.
4. Update your driving history and personal information: If something changes in your life, such as moving to a new address, getting a new car, or reaching a milestone age, make sure you update your information with your insurance company. This could have a positive impact on your rates and reduce you monthly payment.
5. Ask for a discount: Believe it or not, sometimes it is just as easy as asking for a discount. Insurance providers tend to offer a wide variety of discounts based on your driving history, age, and other factors. You will never know if you qualify for a discount if you don’t ask. What’s the worst thing that could happen? They say no.
When it comes to getting better rates for auto insurance, we often know what to do; we just need the push to do it. If you want to save money you have to take action and call your provider. Stop leaving money on the table by pay more for car insurance.