Easy Steps to Make Blogging Work for You 42 Comments
This week I’ve got a guest post for this blogging tips series. Well actually this blogger submitted the guest post back in February but I haven’t had a chance to fit it in until today. Unfortunately he’s not responding to my e-mails and it’s been quite a while. So I’ve decided to post it anyway. Would you publish a guest post if the writer goes MIA?
Since I could use more guest posts for this series, I figured I should go ahead and publish it. It ties in with what I’ve been writing more about lately anyway…monetizing your blog.
If you’re new to this series, check out some of the previous blogging tips posts:
- Honesty in Blog Advertising
- Blog Advertising Part II – Advertiser Tricks
- 10 Recommended WordPress Plugins For Your Blog
- Google PageRank, Not Just About Links
- Blog Link Building – Not All Links Are Created Equal
- With Blog Networking It’s Not What You Know, It’s Who You Know
- Importance of Blog Networking
- Advanced Keyword Strategy For Your Blog
- Effectively Using Keywords On Your Blog
- Optimal Blog Keyword Research for SEO
The following is a guest post. If interested in submitting a guest post, please read my guest posting policy and then contact me.
There are dozens or more ways to earn a commission from your blog, more specifically from your published posts, and while some techniques may apply to you, others may not. It is not a question whether one method is better than the other, but which way of monetization is most suitable for your blog, your style of writing, your type of readers and some other factors as well.
First Things First – Content and Visitors
1. When it comes to making money with your blog, your first question should be, do I have what is necessary to make money in the first place? And that is your content and your dear readers. It is true that you can make a lot of money with little traffic, but it is always best to concentrate to attracting as much traffic as you can so that you maximize your income potential.
2. To get readers, you need to put your time and effort into creating quality content that is interesting, engaging and easy to read. Furthermore, you need to make this content available to as many people as you possibly can.
3. It is a good rule of thumb to publish one article per day to your blog and write few more articles that will serve for guest blogging, article submissions, social marketing and other means of attracting traffic to your blog.
4. Make sure that you write on the subject you choose for your blog, or write about anything you wish as long as you keep with the idea and the theme of your blog. Optimize some articles for desired keywords, while write some articles that are based on the subject and don’t target any particular keyword. Such content diversity is very good in the post Panda-Penguin world and will help you make your blog look like an authority rather than a content farm.
5. It usually gets down to being disciplined and working on a consistent basis and everything else is assured to happen. If you work that way for some time, you should see an increase of traffic as well as increase in positions of those articles that were keyword targeted.
Monetizing Your Blog
Once you have this sorted out and have your blog live for some time, you can start applying some of the monetization techniques that will turn your traffic into an income and help you make money blogging. It is best that you try various methods and see what works best.
1. One of the good ways to produce a residual income is to have your visitors sign up to weekly or monthly newsletter. In these emails, you should offer valuable and free information, while at the same time offer them something to buy. You can practice with various products, which can either be yours or sell them as an affiliate.
2. You can try with AdSense or other type of advertising. Such ads can sometimes bring a lot of money if they are placed strategically and if they simply work. Try it out yourself and see if it is worth the space on your blog.
3. Another good way to monetize your blog is by offering affiliate products through your articles, where they fit in. If your content is good and trustworthy, you may see a nice stream of income coming through these posts. Furthermore, you may reserve an entire post to discuss the benefits of a particular product and encourage readers to buy it.
4. Donations are another method of making money with your blog. Create one page reserved especially for thanking your dear readers and encourage them to donate an amount of their choice to support you in the future. Because your blog is all about quality and integrity, they have no other choice but to help you delivering such content in the future.
I can keep going, but I believe that for those who are just starting out and for those who are on the scene for some time already but don’t have anything of their own to sell, these methods should work very well. As you keep working and expanding your content and your income, you can try new stuff and keep experimenting to see what makes your blog the most money.
How do you plan on making money from your blog? What is working well so far?