5 Ways to Get a Good Price on Extended Warranty for Your Car 1 Comment
The following is a guest post about getting an extended warranty for your car. If interested in submitting a guest post, please read my guest post policy and then contact me.
With the ever-escalating car prices, there is also a significant rise on car repairs cost. A lot of investment is therefore anticipated in vehicle repairs especially in cases where the warranty has expired. Therefore, many drivers are taking the option of extending their car warranties. Sometimes this is referred to as vehicle service contract. If you have a plan to extend your warranty, you might want to consider some useful tips on getting the best extended auto warranty price. Remember that you will save a lot if you buy a warranty directly from a dealer as opposed to going to a dealership. Most providers will offer discounts if you are a first time caller.
When you purchase warranty from a dealership, you are likely to pay double the amount. This is because dealerships often obtain an extended warranty from a third party which makes the price to go up before you get access to their services. However, you are likely to have direct access to these extended auto warranties without passing through a dealership. They also focus more on offering the most expensive coverage. Although the deal may sound good at first, since dealerships include the cost of extended coverage into the monthly car payment, the coverage cost will end up being excessive when itemized out. Purchasing extended auto warranties directly from a dealer will ensure you get immediate repairs without any delays since you will have access to factory-trained technicians and the manufacturer authorizes the repair. You will also not need to pay upfront fee for file claims or reimbursement. There are various ways you can save money on extended auto warranty price. Here are 5 of them:
- Ask questions. Most people make the mistake of getting into a warranty contract without having all the relevant details to help them make an informed decision. You need to ask your salesperson about the discounts offered on first timers. You can save a lot from these.Â Do not hesitate to tell the sales person if you are not comfortable with the extended auto warranty price they are offering.
- Compare prices. You should have more than 2 quotes to compare prices before settling for a deal. You may also view online coupons for the best deals. Many customers are ignorant of the many options they have in terms of coverage plans. All the dealerships do not have the same coverage plan. That is why it is vital for you to get enough info on the coverage plan from your sales person.
- Negotiate. Although the sales pitch for an extended car warranty might be a completing one, you should be fully aware of the warranties cover and be ready to negotiate the terms. Negotiating skills include being an attentive listener and an inquisitive customer.
- Choose a reliable provider. You have mainly 3 options of choosing a dealer, individual or company. A reliable provider should be able to provide you with quality service repairs at a budget. Be on the lookout for a company with no extensive experience. Such may discontinue their service without any prior notice or compensation.
- Identify the signs of a plan. Do not be overwhelmed with the information you are getting. Do your homework and this will help you identify the markers of a good plan. A good plan should have a transferrable warranty, trip-interruption coverage, and BBB certified. Usually, the car parts to be replaced remains at the providerâ€™s discretion and most consumers do not like this aspect. However, they do this in order to get the least expensive part to be used in quality repairs.