The following is a guest post. If interested in submitting a guest post, please read my guest posting policy and then contact me.
I know it can be hard to manage life’s finances, with all the random things that seem to always pop up unexpectedly. The Water heater suddenly breaks down or you go and buy something you really didn’t need, these mishaps will throw your monthly budget out of whack. What can you do, either try to play it safe or continue to take risks. The money lessons we have learned past and present, that actually make us smarter financially speaking must become a part of our everyday lives. The line of poverty for many is closer than you think. Living paycheck to paycheck is a rampant concern for many, but they will never admit that they live this way. I wonder if people knew that by just talking to special trusted others in their lives, how this first step can open you up emotionally to realize that you may need assistance with the business of money management. If you start recognizing issues then you can remedy them. Fixing the emotional issues will help you prosper in the financial side of life. A few issues you might need help with can be obsessive spending, problems with debt, addictions that waste resources, loaning money to others, and starting a basic money budget. How can you play it safe with your money and guarantee that you can guide it in the right direction? See Below:
- Recognize that any issue can change for the better
- Seek help and talk with somebody about the issues
- Emotional decisions are the reason you are struggling with money
- Avoid places that make you spend more money
- Listen to your Gut and act on it
- Avoid pressure from others to do things not in line with values
- Be content to live within your money budget
- List three money goals you want to improve upon
- Make the three goals a priority with monthly reminders
- Embrace change to improve your financial life
It takes courage to talk about issues, but why let it stand in your way. We all have our money secrets that we cannot even fathom sharing with the world. But once you finally do, the monkey will be released off your back. Debt takes time to fix, habits take even longer to change, but believe in yourself and you can improve. The only reason you cannot improve financially is because you can’t say no to yourself. The power to change is in how you think and if you abide by these money lessons, I believe you can be in a better place. We all understand that our future is not guaranteed, sorry to be morbid, but living for the now also makes your future a not so certain guarantee. Meaning that living for the now mentality can make you financially unprepared for the future. Take these money lessons to heart so that you can be ready for the problems that may arise later.
Stand on firm ground thinking to avoid quick sand mentality – Rich Uncle EL
Comment below if you feel the need to share a money lesson or if you want to share a money issue?
Author Bio: Hey guys you can find me blogging over at www.moneywatch101.com. I like to write about simple easy money topics, with an added twist based on my own personal financial battles and achievements. If you have a heart find me on twitter here http://twitter.com/moneywatch101 and hit follow and I will be forever grateful. If you prefer Face Book then go here: https://www.facebook.com/Moneywatch101
Recent Posts from Modest Money
- Hot Stocks - GameStop’s ($GME) Decline Has Been Foretold!
- Ryan Lochte’s Image Rehabilitation with Debt.com
- How Can You Make The Most Of Currency Exchange To Find Your Next Holiday?
- Are You Paying Too Much for These Things?
- Expert Stock Picks: Jim Cramer Thinks You Should Buy Five Below