If you’re need to buy a new home or business space, you’ve likely been checking Zillow for months, contacting agents, and looking for deals. Buying existing real estate is a great move for many buyers. Depending on your regional market and your own savvy, you may be able to find incredible deals which are perfectly suited to your needs. In other cases, however, “used” buildings aren’t going to work. There are countless reasons why this might be the case. Perhaps the regulatory standards of previous decades don’t work for you, or the people who would use the structure. Maybe you can’t find the kind of home you need in the area you want to live. Whatever the case, there are many potential benefits of buying land and building your own home.
- You Get Exactly What You Want. New homes and business spaces can be constructed for affordable prices, especially if you have experience in new construction. Depending on the regulatory environment in the area where you live, you may be able to build a new home very affordably, giving you freedom to add all the design choices that you have always wanted. Do you want an open concept? Build it. Do you want a reading turret? Build it. Many homes are constructed for “the average person”. While they may be complete in the conventional sense, they might not provide the sexy detailing you’re looking for. Why settle? Build what you’re looking for.
- You Can Do it Affordably, In Some Places. Of course, you’re not going to be able to buy a lot and construct in the middle of a major city, unless you’ve got some seriously deep pockets. But if you’re willing to build a little farther away from the center of the population, you can do so for not much money at all. Believe it or not, you can still find affordable land in Florida. If you can be flexible when it comes to location, you might be amazed at how little money it costs to build exactly what you want.
- You Can Build Crazy Equity. While not everybody will be in a position to think this way, if you can be an early builder in an area that is taking off, your new home or business space could double or triple in value (or more), as the land around your new structure is also developed. Don’t play this game unless you are certain that it’s a good idea. But for people who have some savvy in the way real estate development patterns occur, this can be an incredible way to invest in new construction, while being sure that it will pay off in a big way over the long term.
Building a new home or business space isn’t for everybody. But if you’re willing to play a little more intensely, you can create a unique space all your own, which will act as a powerful asset for you and your family for many years to come. Do your homework and see what’s possible!
Recommended Real Estate Investing Posts:
- Breaking Down The Cost Of Real Estate Investments
- Top REITs for Beginner Investors
- Parts of a House to Invest In
- Owning a Hostel is Anything but Hostile to Your Pockets
- Top Tips for First Time Property Investors
- 5 Vital Factors That Drive the Real Estate Market
- Guaranteed Rental Income with HUD’s Section 8 Program