There are many reasons why you might need to stage your house for a quick sale. Maybe you are getting divorced or need to move for your career. Or maybe you have simply had it with being a homeowner. Whatever the case is, you can sell your house quickly. You just need to follow a few tips.
The tips I outline below will help you to get your house sold as fast as possible. But the key is to follow all of the tips to ensure the fastest sale possible.
4 Simple Tips To Stage Your House For A Quick Sale
#1. Set The Offer Price Low
The best tip is to stage your house for a quick sale is to make sure the price you list your house is competitive. This means you need to look at what other homes are on the market for. Don’t focus on the recently sold prices of homes, but the active listings.
Make sure you price your home in line or even a little lower than the other homes for sale. Many buyers will see the lower price and this will intrigue them. It is not a guarantee you will sell your home on the first showing, but more people will be looking at your listing.
And real estate is a numbers game. The more people that look at your home, the greater the potential it sells fast.
#2. Be Flexible
In addition to setting the offer price low, you also need to be flexible when it comes to receiving offers. Maybe one offer is in line with what you were asking but they need to change the settlement date. Or maybe they have contingencies you need to consider.
The point is that you need to be flexible when offers come in. It is rare you will get your asking price with no strings attached. The key for you is to remember what your ultimate goal is. In this case, is it getting your house sold as quickly as possible.
Therefore, you might need to accept a lower offer than you thought or agree to a different settlement date. However, this isn’t saying just bend over backward accommodating potential buyers. There are some cases where you need to stand your ground.
So be flexible but also know your limits.
#3. Find Your Target Buyer
Finding your target buyer is critical to stage your house for a quick sale. Before you list your house for sale, think about who your likely buyer is. For example, when we recently sold a house, we targeted younger buyers a few years out of college.
This is because in my area, college grads tend to stay in the city after college for a couple of years, then move a short distance outside the city.
So we worked with our realtor to target these individuals. And we didn’t just stop at an age demographic. We also took into account college education, income, etc.
Surprisingly, you can get this detailed targeting potential buyers using Facebook Ads. Also, real estate marketplaces are becoming more popular. Many savvy realtors are going this route and getting more attention for their homes for sale and getting quick sales as well.
#4. Wow Potential Buyers
Finally, we come to wowing potential buyers. This is another critical tip in order to stage your house for a quick sale. Here is how it works. You need to make potential buyers fall in love with your house.
You can do this in a variety of ways, including:
- Take amazing pictures. Before anyone sees your house in person, they will see the pictures on your listing. These pictures need to be incredible. Make them bright and be sure to capture all of the room in the picture. The best pictures are done by professional real estate photographers. These people only cost $200 and the money you spend is more than worth the cost. Don’t skimp here.
- Paint your house. If you have any funky or crazy-colored rooms, you need to slap a quick coat of neutral paint color on the walls. Beige, gray, and whites all look good. Don’t spend a fortune on hiring a painter and don’t spend the money on the best paint out there. The idea is to make the rooms look bigger and brighter for the pictures and in person. Most likely the new homeowner is going to paint anyways. So just give your rooms a quick paint job with a neutral color and call it a day.
- Clean. And I mean really clean. The more immaculate your house looks when people step in the door, the more impressed they will be. The cleanliness will make them think the house is really taken care of and is more than move-in ready.
- Fix things. You don’t have to fix everything, but fix any small thing you see when you walk in. For example, if the front door is falling off the hinge, fix it. If this is the first thing people see when they come over, it will put them in a negative mood and this will make it harder to sell your house.
So there are 4 easy tips to stage your house for a quick sale. When you put all of these tips together, you will be able to come to an agreement of sale much faster than most other homeowners. You might even end up getting so many eyeballs, that you sell your house for more than you were asking for.
Just remember that in order to stage your house for a quick sale, you need to do all of these things. Skipping out on some will delay the process of selling your house. This isn’t to say your house won’t sell. But your goal is to sell as fast as possible and doing these things ensures that.
Related Real Estate Investing Reviews:
- Arrived Homes Review
- Baselane Review
- BirdDogBot Review
- Buildium Review
- CrowdStreet Review
- Doorloop Review
- Doorvest Review
- EquityMultiple Review
- FarmTogether Review
- First National Realty Partners Review
- Foreclosure.com Review
- Fundrise Review
- Groundfloor Finance Review
- Leadflow Review
- Lofty AI Review
- Mashvisor Review
- Realeflow Review
- RealtyMogul Review
- RentRedi Review
- Streitwise Review
- Tellus Review
- Trion Properties Review
- Yieldstreet Review
- Best Real Estate Crowdfunding Platforms
- Best Fractional Real Estate Investing Companies