Licensing provides businesses with one of the most profitable and efficient ways to grow. By licensing owned intellectual property to other companies, all costs and resources associated with manufacturing, distributing, and selling products are mitigated. Licensing revenue tends to be high-margin and flow straight to the bottom line. This revenue has the potential to add up rather quickly.
- Disney, the world’s most successful licensor, sold $56.6 billion worth of licensed merchandise in 2016.
- IBM, after increasing its efforts to license its thousands of technology patents a few years ago, attributes $1 billion a year of its corporate sales to licensing.
As the licensing industry continues its upward momentum to highs of $262.9 billion, one company is looking to gain market share within the consumer goods, apparel, and services subsets. Level Brands, with the help of Chairman Emeritus and Chief Brand Strategist, Kathy Ireland®, is hoping to create the next generation of bold, unconventional, and socially responsible brands.
Who is Level Brands?
- An innovative branding and marketing company with a focus on lifestyle based products.
- Comprised of 4 businesses with licensing and brand marketing at their core:
- I’M1 (Ireland Men One) – Millennial inspired lifestyle products for men
- EE1 (Encore Endeavor One) – Producer and marketer of multiple entertainment distribution platforms and brand strategy assistance
- Beauty and Pinups – Multidimensional women’s brand
- kathy ireland® Health & Wellness – Newest business unit targeting both baby boomers as well as millennials.
- Level Brands is seeking to raise $12 million from both accredited and unaccredited investors alike, with the goal of listing on the NYSE American stock market under ‘LEVB’.
What Makes Level Brands Poised for Success?
Licensing Deals and Partnerships
Level Brands looks to maximize the value of their brands through entry into license agreements with well-established partners.
- Potential high profitability: current licensing agreements provide that the manufacturing, development, distribution costs, and operating costs and expenses of products are borne by the licensee.
- Sales from their licensing division represented 51.1% of net sales for the first nine months of fiscal 2017 according to the company’s offering circular.
- Licensing deal with menswear designer Andre Phillipe to use the I’M1 marks solely for the sale, marketing and distribution of men’s suits.
- 10 year agreement, 5% royalty fee, and $600,000 advisory fee in place for KURE Vaporium Lifestyle Lounges and branding services for its premium vape juices and equipment.
Experienced Management Team:
While there are certainly no guarantees when it comes to successfully expanding a company, the Level Brands team is powered by the same individuals that fueled what Forbes credits as the billion dollar kathy ireland Worldwide® enterprise.
- Kathy Ireland (Chief Brand Strategist, Chairman Emeritus) – Chairman & CEO of kathy ireland® Worldwide of one of the most powerful brands globally.
- Martin A. Sumichrast (President and CEO) – Managing Director of Washington Capital LLC
- Stephen Roseberry (President and Managing Director, I’M1 and EE1) – Leadership skills and business acumen were transformational in kiWW® becoming a global licensing brand.
- Mark Elliott (CFO and COO) – Has over 30 years of business experience in the financial, retail, consulting and government sectors.
Alongside a potentially profitable business model, Level Brands aims to be a socially conscious brand that changes lives around the world:
- Exclusive partnership with Best Buddies International, an organization founded by Anthony K. Shriver, a member of the Level Brands’ board of directors, which supports the inclusion of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Each of the company’s clients must agree to one or more of their Team Millennium Development Goals to improve the conditions of lives around the world.
If all goes as planned, Level Brands’ growth strategy and successful management team backed by the spending power of millennials has a fair fight against other industry leaders. Their success will depend on their ability to further leverage themselves within the robust licensing industry and secure other profitable licensing deals. As with all investment opportunities, it’s important to exercise due diligence. Level Brands represents an opportunity for both accredited and non-accredited investors to participate. To learn more visit http://banq.co/listings/lb.
The offering will be made only by means of an offering circular. An offering statement on Form 1-A relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and has become qualified. The securities offered by Level Brands, Inc. are highly speculative. Investing in shares of Level Brands, Inc. involves significant risks. The investment is suitable only for persons who can afford to lose their entire investment. Furthermore, investors must understand that such investment could be illiquid for an indefinite period of time. No public market currently exists for the securities, and if a public market develops following the offering, it may not continue. Level Brands, Inc. intends to list its securities on a national exchange and doing so entails significant ongoing corporate obligations including but not limited to disclosure, filing and notification requirements, as well compliance with applicable continued quantitative and qualitative listing standards. For additional information on Level Brands, Inc., the offering and any other related topics, please review the Form 1-A offering circular that can be found at the following location: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1644903/000165495417009735/0001654954-17-009735-index.htm
-  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/18/star-wars-helps-make-disney-57-billion-in-licensed-products.html
- 2.  https://www.entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/licensing
-  http://www.licensingsource.net/global-sales-of-licensed-goods-hit-262-9bn-in-2016/
-  https://www.forbes.com