Koyfin Review 2023
|By: Jeremy Biberdorf||Feb 28, 2023|
In a nutshell: Koyfin was started by Rob Koyfman in 2016 and provides advanced yet user-friendly investment research tools. While many such platforms exist, Koyfin aims to provide reliable, top-end services at a fraction of the cost of these other tools.
Investors using Koyfin can gain sophisticated insights into companies, set up custom macro trends, and assess bulk data sets easily with visualization dashboards. Having these tools enables investors to make better, more informed trades.
While Koyfin offers robust tools for every investor, not everyone necessarily needs its premium features. Keep reading for a comprehensive Koyfin review to see if it aligns with your needs and preferences.
|Free | $0/month||Basic | $15/month||Plus | $35/month||Pro | $70/month|
- Incorporates data for US and foreign stocks, plus treasuries and forex
- Extremely modular and customizable
- Pulls news from trustworthy sources
- One of the best free versions available in fintech
- Scales easily and affordable as investors grow
- May feel overwhelming for beginners
- No intraday price charts are available
- Technical analysis tools are somewhat limited
- Mutual fund information only available for Pro subscription
Koyfin Review 2023 | Is Koyfin Right for Me?
Koyfin’s mission is to deliver the best financial data and tools to every investor, no matter their income or experience level. They largely deliver on this, meaning that they are a great option for just about any investor.
Is Koyfin right specifically for you, however? That will depend on your investing needs and preferences. Seeing as you can set up a completely free and surprisingly capable account with Koyfin, it’s probably worth a try.
Read on to learn more about how Koyfin works, as well as its top features.
How Does Koyfin Work?
Koyfin is not complicated—at least, not on the surface. To get started, all you have to do is sign up for an account. You can select the Free, Basic, Plus, or Pro account, depending on your preference. If you are at all hesitant, it’s a good idea to start with a free account and see how you like Koyfin. After all, you can always upgrade later.
Once you’ve set up your account, Koyfin provides you with a home dashboard page that features U.S. equity markets, U.S. equity sectors, fixed income, currencies, commodities, global markets, market news, and more.
You can also set up your own dashboard and customize it however you like. Koyfin is extremely modular and customizable, enabling you to see everything you want to see, and nothing you don’t. This makes it an efficient resource for busy investors.
Koyfin delivers a number of valuable features for its users, and these scale up from the free account to the most expensive one.
Here are some of Koyfin’s key features:
- Dashboards – Koyfin’s primary feature is its series of dashboards. While it comes with a default version that features some of the most commonly sought-after financial information, you can customize these however you like. Some dashboards also feature data visualization tools.
- Analysis and charting – Koyfin excels at providing charts and analysis for its users. With Koyfin, you can plot given variables in a chart window. This allows you to combine financial analysis with technical analysis. One limitation of Koyfin’s technical analysis is that it only supports candlestick charts.
- Customization and layout – Perhaps the major selling point of Koyfin is how you can tailor it to exactly your needs and preferences. Organization is simple as well with a row of tabs on the left-hand side. You can also use keyboard shortcuts to pull up information instantly, such as “MSFT g” to bring up Microsoft’s chart page.
- News feed – Koyfin’s market news dashboard is among the best. It only provides information from top print and online sources, such as Reuters, Bloomberg, Zacks, and more.
Koyfin Pricing & Plans
Koyfin offers four plans: Free, Basic, Plus, and Pro. They cost $0, $15, $35, and $70 per month, respectively.
Koyfin’s free plan provides you with two watchlists, two screens, two dashboards, and two chart templates.
The Basic plan provides up to eight watchlists, eight screens, eight dashboards, and eight chart templates.
The Plus plan enables users to have unlimited watchlists, screens, dashboards, and chart templates, plus data download to Excel and other premium features.
Koyfin’s Pro plan provides everything in Plus, as well as unlimited custom formulas, mutual fund data, exclusive training webinars, and priority support.
Is Koyfin Worth It?
Koyfin is definitely worth checking out as you can trial its free account for as long as you like. Whether you want to upgrade to the Basic, Plus, or Pro plan will depend on your unique needs and preferences as a trader.
Overall, Koyfin impresses with its array of clear and easy-to-use dashboards, charts, market news, and more. It offers a powerful platform at a fraction of the cost of many other such services. While there are some minor limitations, it’s still a robust and affordable service.
Click here to give it a try today and see if it’s right for you.