OspreyFX Review 2023 | Get up to 1:500 Leverage with OspreyFX
|By: Jeremy Biberdorf||May 11, 2023|
In a nutshell: OspreyFX is a proprietary firm (aka prop firm) that provides funded accounts as well as a platform for traders to trade with their own capital. OspreyFX touts competitive leverage rates, flexible trading options, tight spreads, and many helpful resources.
OspreyFX is open to any traders while also providing funded accounts and affiliate accounts. It integrates with TradingView and MetaTrader 4 and 5 to offer a modern trading experience. While OspreyFX may be a good option for you, it has many competitors.
Keep reading for our comprehensive OspreyFX review so you can learn more about this prop firm, how it compares to competitors, and whether it might be the right forex prop firm for you.
Basic - $25k | refundable fee of $220
Starter - $50k | refundable fee of $359
Pro - $100k | refundable fee of $559
Advance- $200k | refundable fee of $999
- Sleek platform
- Integration with modern trading tools
- Competitive leverage rates and spreads
- More than 120 tradeable assets
- There are some regulatory concerns
- Profit splits don’t surpass 70/30
OspreyFX Review 2023 | Is OspreyFX Right for Me?
OspreyFX is a broker and prop firm that focuses primarily on forex (as you might guess from the name), though it does offer a variety of assets (over 120, in fact). On the whole, OspreyFX offers competitive leverage, modern trading integrations, solid spreads, and various helpful resources.
Whether OspreyFX is right for you will depend on your specific trading needs and preferences. If you want a solid broker or are interested in obtaining a funded trading account, then OspreyFX might be right for you. Keep reading to learn more, including how exactly it works, what its top features are, and its pricing.
How Does OspreyFX Work?
OspreyFX is both a broker and a prop firm, meaning that it’s a trading platform that also provides funded accounts.
OspreyFX is an ECN broker, meaning that it does not outsource order flow to market makers. Instead, OspreyFX uses liquidity providers to match up trade participants electronically. ECN brokers are known for providing better liquidity and spreads than other brokers.
While OspreyFX has a solid rating (3.9/5) on Trustpilot, uses independent bank accounts, and works with leading financial institutions and services, it is not federally or internationally regulated. Traders should be aware of this, although the OspreyFX site claims that they can “cover all [their] financial and capital requirements with ease.”
OspreyFX provides various features that help make it a good option to consider as a forex broker and prop firm.
- STP execution – OspreyFX uses the STP execution model, which helps prevent any manipulation from dealing desk middlemen and conflicts of interest. Their trades are processed via an aggregator that guarantees competitive rates.
- Referral program – Like many brokers that are relatively young, OspreyFX offers a referral/affiliate program to help incentivize people to join. Any time a referral places a trade, you will earn a commission.
- Key integrations – Whether you want to use charts from TradingView or place your trades through MetaTrader 4 or 5, OspreyFX understands the importance of such tools for successful traders, and so it ensures modern integrations.
- Competitive liquidity and spreads – Traders using OspreyFX can benefit from a large liquidity pool that includes tier-one liquidity providers for strong pricing, as well as spreads as low as 0.1 pips.
- Funded accounts – Not many brokers are also prop firms, but OspreyFX wears both hats. You can get your own funded account by passing a Demo stage, where you prove your trading abilities for 30 days, and then a Verification stage, which lasts 60 days. Once funded, you can count on a 70/30 split, weekly payouts, and simple rules (max overall loss of 12% and max daily loss of 5%).
OspreyFX Pricing & Plans
OspreyFX is both a broker and a prop firm. As a modern broker, it has generally low commissions. This section will focus more on its pricing and plans for its funded accounts.
There are four accounts possible: Basic, Starter, Pro, and Advance. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Basic – $25k | refundable fee of $220
- Starter – $50k | refundable fee of $359
- Pro – $100k | refundable fee of $559
- Advance– $200k | refundable fee of $999
The trading rules are the same for the four different types of funded accounts. You must reach the 10% profit target over 30 days during Stage 1 and the 10% profit goal over 60 days for Stage 2.
Is OspreyFX a Scam? | Is OspreyFX Worth It?
While there are some concerns expressed online about OspreyFX’s unregulated status, it has a solid score on Trustpilot (3.9/5), which suggests that many traders feel comfortable using it and actively enjoy what it has to offer.
To check it out for yourself, click here and see if it might be the right forex broker or prop firm for you.
Related Investing Product Reviews:
- Earn2Trade Review
- FTMO Review
- TopStep Trader Review
- Trader Career Path Review
- Fidelcrest Review
- City Traders Imperium Review
- SurgeTrader Review
- OneUp Trader Review
- The 5ers Review
- The Funded Trader Review
- AudaCity Capital Review
- FundedNext Review
- Lux Trading Firm Review
- Leeloo Trading Review
- Best Prop Trading Firms
- Best Funded Stock Trading Accounts
- Best Options Trading Firms
- Best Funded Forex Trading Accounts
- Highest Paying Prop Trading Firms