Profitly Review 2023 | Buyer Beware! Not Recommended!
UPDATE: We no longer recommend Timothy Sykes and his company Profit.ly
On the surface Timothy Sykes and his company Profit.ly seem fairly legit. Search for his name or his company’s name and it’s pretty much all positive reviews. Maybe he did make a lot of money day trading and maybe he does deliver solid training, but there are red flags.
The problem is that the majority of the reviews are affiliates who earn a commission to promote them. One site does have a lot of “customer” reviews but that site is notorious for companies being able to flood it with fake reviews. Sure enough most of the Timothy Sykes reviews are people who have never left any other reviews with their accounts. The wording of those reviews is very suspect. There’s even reviews from people who even say they haven’t even started using the service. Why are people like that even leaving a review? The only explanation I can think of is that it’s from a cheap paid review service. I say cheap as they’re not even making their reviews look like they’re from a legit customer. As I can’t technically prove my suspicions this is just my personal opinion but I have a lot of experience looking into customer reviews like that. Use your own judgement.
If his service is so good, why does it look like he is flooding a customer review with fake reviews? Taking that approach gives the impression that he is trying to hide something.
I did manage to find a couple very negative posts about Timothy Sykes but they are very tough to find. I have done work with a reputation management company. So I know it’s relatively easy to get a lawyer to remove certain search results. Or there are other reputation management techniques to bury any negative content.
Here are some of the negative posts:
During the time I was promoting Timothy Sykes on my website we somehow didn’t see a single sale. I don’t know if his website’s conversion rates are extremely low or if there is dishonest reporting. With the amount and quality of the traffic I was sending, I have a very tough time believing the reporting was accurate. To me it aligns with a company that seems to be buying fake reviews. This is what led me to really dig into this company’s reviews with a critical eye.
For anyone looking for legit stock trading advice, I recommend you check out these reputable companies:
- Mindful Trader – Eric Ferguson is as honest and transparent as they come. He’s the rare person providing an investing service who truly puts people first. I’ve talked to still him numerous times and I’d recommend him and his service any day. As it’s a fairly new service the price is still very reasonable.
- Motley Fool Stock Advisor – While they won’t recommend enough stocks for an active trader you can be sure the stocks they do recommend are solid choices. They have a long history or delivering successful picks. Traders may also benefit from short term trading of their picks due to Motley Fool’s large following.
- Earn2Trade – Many investors might not know about the rapidly growing prop trading industry. There are now many companies who will help improve your trading skills and then let you trade with their own capital. You get the bulk of the profits but you do have to follow pretty strict rules which are in place to limit their risk. Earn2Trade has the reputation as providing the best trader training while still offering a very generous profit split.
We will leave the old review intact below but proceed with caution. Do thorough research if you still want to take the risk with this suspicious company.
In a nutshell: Profitly is an online community of traders that aims to help members monitor trading performance, share trading tips via the trading chat, and learn from exclusive trading courses.
Created by Tim Sykes and co-founder Michael Mosseri in 2011, Profit.ly aims to help novice and experienced traders alike monitor the online brokerage accounts & trading activities of successful traders.
Keep reading to learn more about what this unique platform has to offer in this Profitly review!
|$29.95-$$74.95 per month||Online trading community||No|
- Easily track profits of fellow traders
- Chatroom access
- Offers trading courses
- Private profiles offered
- Premium plan offers limited benefits
- Number of gurus has decreased