Sharesight Review 2023
|By: Jeremy Biberdorf||Apr 25, 2023|
In a nutshell: Sharesight is a powerful portfolio tracking software that allows you to see all your investments in one convenient spot. It providers users with detailed performance and dividend tracking, as well as tax reporting.
Sharesight has quickly grown to a more than 300,000-strong investor community, and it offers more than 200 software, broker, and partner integrations. But is it the right portfolio tracker for you? Keep reading for our comprehensive Sharesight review so you can determine how it aligns with your investment goals and preferences.
|Free | $0||Starter | $15/month||Investor | $24/month|
|Expert | $31/month||Price per month when billed monthly||Savings available for annually billing|
- Over 250k stocks, ETFs, and funds supported
- Roughly 200 software, broker, and partner integrations
- Automated dividend tracking
- Shareable tax reports
- Free plan available
- The free plan is rather limited
Sharesight Review 2023 | Is Sharesight Right for Me?
Sharesight offers powerful portfolio tracking, which is a great way to better understand your investment performance across multiple accounts, brokers, and assets. It also has convenient tools such as dividend tracking and tax reporting.
Whether Sharesight is the right portfolio tracking software for you will depend on a few factors, including your budget and what you’re looking for in a portfolio tracker. Since it has a free plan, there isn’t much to lose. Investors can see how they like the platform first before paying anything.
That said, the free plan isn’t particularly robust. To unlock everything Sharesight is capable of, you’ll need to subscribe to one of the paid plans. Keep reading to learn more about Sharesight, including how it works and its top features.
Learn More About Sharesight
How Does Sharesight Work?
Sharesight was developed in order to give investors a better understanding of their investment performance. In this way, it was created to help fill in the gap left by brokers, which often don’t offer robust data and performance analysis.
Fortunately, Sharesight is intuitive and works in a pretty straightforward manner. Users simply sign up for an account, whether a free plan or one of the three paid options, and then start integrating their brokers.
This allows for automatic tracking of price, performance, and dividends from over 240,000 global stocks, cryptocurrencies, and funds (including ETFs). You can also add assets such as cash and property to see the full value of your portfolio all in one convenient place.
To get a better idea of how Sharesight works, let’s take a look at some of its top features.
Here are a handful of Sharesight’s many useful features:
- Tons of integrations – Sharesight not only allows you to connect to 200+ global brokers, it also enables integrations with 40+ markets as well as software partners. This includes big names such as Charles Schwab, Robinhood, and Interactive Brokers, as well as newer players such as cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Deep portfolio analysis – Sharesight makes it easy to track your portfolio and its performance all in one place. You can calculate returns with customizable options, including dividend-inclusive performance (for “total returns”), currency fluctuations, and more. You can also easily benchmark your portfolio against any given stock, ETF, or fund in the Sharesight database.
- Tax reporting – Thanks to its dividend tracking (see below) and the ability to easily generate and share tax reports, Sharesight can greatly simplify tax season and help you better understand the tax implications of your investments.
- Simplified dividend tracking – Dividends are a key component of many portfolios as they can provide compounding returns over time. With Sharesight, it’s easy to track dividends and distributions from the 240,000+ global stocks and funds in Sharesight’s database, going back up to twenty years.
- Diversity Report – Sharesight’s proprietary Diversity Report gives you deeper insights into your portfolio’s diversification, a key attribute of a portfolio set up for stable long-term returns. The Diversity Report shows a pie chart for fast and easy-to-grasp visualization of your diversification.
Sharesight Pricing & Plans
Sharesight has a free plan plus three tiers of paid subscriptions: Starter, Investor, and Expert. Here’s a simple breakdown for monthly billing:
- Starter | $15/month
- Investor | $24/month
- Expert | $31/month
And here are the reduced prices per month when billed annually:
- Starter | $11.25/month
- Investor | $18/month
- Expert | $23.25/month
The free plan comes with 1 portfolio, 10 holdings, and 1 custom group, plus limited reporting and basic support.
The Starter plan comes with 1 portfolio, 30 holdings, and 3 custom groups, plus limited reporting and standard support.
The Investor plan comes with 4 portfolios, unlimited holdings, and 5 custom groups, plus advanced reporting and standard support.
The Expert plan comes with 10 portfolios, unlimited holdings, and 10 custom groups, plus full reporting and priority support.
Is Sharesight Worth It?
Is Sharesight worth it? Ultimately, it depends on your budget and your investment needs.
If you only have one account with one broker and a couple hundred dollars invested, then you likely don’t need one of Sharesight’s paid plans. If you are a more seasoned investor with multiple accounts and assets, however, Sharesight can greatly simplify your portfolio and dividend tracking.
To check out Sharesight for yourself, click here to see how it aligns with what you’re looking for in a quant analysis platform.