Playbook is a financial planning app that helps you maximize your money. Based in San Francisco, this revolutionary platform analyzes your financial accounts to find any missed tax advantages or investment opportunities.
Whether you have a steady job or variable self-employment income, Playbook customizes its recommendations to suit your unique situation. By optimizing the tax-advantaged accounts available to you, like 401(k)s, IRAs, and HSAs, Playbook can help fast-track your financial freedom.
The app connects securely to your financial institutions to get a holistic view of your accounts, including checking, savings, retirement, brokerage, and any other accounts you may have. Playbook’s algorithms then go to work identifying ways for you to keep more of your hard-earned money by taking advantage of tax laws. But is it worth signing up for?
Learn More About Playbook
Playbook Features and Capabilities
Playbook charges a flat monthly fee of $19, unlike other platforms that take a percentage of your assets. They offer a free trial and easy cancelation anytime without fees.
- Multiple Goals: You can set various financial goals, from vacations to retirement, and adjust them as needed. Playbook helps you calculate how much to save each month to achieve your goals.
- Tax Optimization: By entering your tax status, Playbook spots ways to lower your tax bill. It recommends making the most of tax-advantaged accounts like 401ks, Roth IRAs, and HSAs.
- Net Worth Calculator: Link your accounts to see your net worth and how it’s trending over time. While projections use standard assumptions and don’t simulate different scenarios, the net worth calculator provides an overview of your financial position.
- Robo-Advising and Portfolio Management: Playbook uses computer algorithms to create and manage your investment portfolio based on your financial goals and risk tolerance. It invests your money in low-cost ETFs and rebalances as needed to optimize returns. However, it lacks access to human financial advisors.
- Personalized Financial Plan: Playbook creates a customized plan based on your financial situation and goals. It focuses on your immediate needs and provides suggestions for:
- Investment Portfolios: Playbook will recommend an investment portfolio suited to your risk tolerance. It will automatically rebalance the accounts to maintain your target allocations. You can also open multiple accounts for different financial objectives like retirement, college savings, or shorter-term goals.
- Balance Protection: Link your checking account to Playbook, and it will help prevent overdrafts by monitoring your balance and adjusting scheduled transfers as needed. This can give you peace of mind that payments won’t bounce and save money on overdraft fees.
How Much Does Playbook Cost?
So, how much will using Playbook actually cost you? Playbook has a straightforward pricing model, charging a flat fee of $19 per month. Unlike many other wealth management platforms, Playbook does not charge any advisory fees or AUM (assets under management) fees.
With Playbook, the $19 monthly subscription fee is all you pay. There are no commissions, no trading fees, and no hidden charges. The simple pricing means you’ll always know exactly what you’re paying for Playbook’s services.
Users are free to cancel their Playbook subscription at any time. A 30-day free trial allows you to test out the platform before committing to a paid subscription. If at any point you decide Playbook isn’t for you, cancel your account, and you won’t be charged again.
Who is Playbook Best For?
Playbook was designed with certain types of investors and financial situations in mind. If any of the following apply to you, Playbook could be an excellent fit:
- Tax-Savvy Investors: Playbook excels at finding tax-advantaged accounts to optimize your returns over time. The platform is adept at utilizing tools like HSAs, FSAs, 401(k)s, IRAs, and Roth accounts.
- Hands-Off Investors: Do you want to “set it and forget it” when it comes to your finances? Playbook’s automation and comprehensive financial planning features make investing hands-off and hassle-free.
- Self-Employed Individuals: Playbook was designed to handle the complex nature of self-employment income and finances. Whether you’re a freelancer, independent contractor, or small business owner, Playbook can incorporate your unique income situation and adapt as needed to changes.
- High-Income Earners: If your annual income is over $100,000, Playbook was built with your financial needs in mind. The platform can help high-income individuals with planning for large purchases like real estate, managing higher tax brackets, and taking advantage of applicable tax loopholes.
Final Thoughts: Should You Sign Up For Playbook?
If you’re on a quest to build wealth, you know the importance of optimizing your financial strategies. Playbook, a cutting-edge platform, takes a unique approach by focusing on tax advantages to expedite your journey toward financial freedom.
This innovative method is designed to cater to a diverse range of investors, including high-income earners and self-employed individuals, all while simplifying the pricing model to suit your needs.
Although Playbook doesn’t offer advisory services, it more than compensates with its robust financial planning and automation tools, coupled with state-of-the-art security measures. The platform’s promise? Uncover overlooked opportunities and implement tax-optimized strategies, which could result in substantial tax savings for its users.
Through its modern tax tools and intelligent automation, Playbook is making significant strides in the realm of financial technology, promising a brighter financial future for all who embrace it. Click here to sign up today.
Get Started with Playbook