A Bit of Background
Back in 2008, software engineers Andrew Martin and Howard Reisman were growing increasingly frustrated. They were tired of needing to rely on multiple websites and services to perform stock analysis for their personal investments; this frustration inspired them to create their own stock research platform, Stock Rover.
Fast-forward to today; Stock Rover is a complex and powerful tool that can be utilized by nearly any investor. The platform currently offers portfolio analysis (with technical indicators to monitor portfolio performance), dividend analysis, historical stock data, daily analyst ratings (with analyst rankings), an insight panel, and custom priority email alerts. If you’d prefer, SMS notifications are also available.
Stock Rover has services for both short-term and long-term investors, although some investors may benefit more than others. You might be wondering, “what services does it offer?” Well, the answer varies, depending on which plan you opt for.
Starting at “free” and working up to a monthly cost of $27.99, Stock Rover has options for any budget. Although—like many of its competitors—it doesn’t offer a 14-day free trial, Stock Rover does tend to offer holiday deals (such as the recent 30%-off Black Friday deal).
Now that you have a brief overview of the platform, let’s dive into the details! Keep reading to learn about the advantages, differences, and limitations of each plan.
Stock Rover’s Free Plan
- Surprisingly, Stock Rover’s free plan provides a completely ad-free experience. This is good news for users with low-resolution monitors or screens, as ads can quickly take up valuable screen space, making some web apps nearly inoperable.
- This plan offers screening data on thousands of stocks (ten thousand, to be exact!). While not as expansive as the data provided on paid plans, we nonetheless think this data provides enough insight to execute simple stock screening strategies effectively.
- The stock market news feature is helpful for tracking the real-world progress, issues, and successes of individual companies.
- Broker integration and basic portfolio analysis tools are included with the free plan.
While the free version provides users with a decent amount of information on their individual stock picks, it doesn’t offer the same in-depth insights as higher-tier plans. Stock ratings, financial metrics, and ETF screening are just a few of the features excluded from this plan.
Stock Rover’s Essentials Plan
- This plan offers analyst ratings on thousands of stocks (courtesy of Morningstar).
- 260 financial metrics enable investors to screen stocks more effectively.
- You’ll also gain access to the ETF screeners, which contains over 44,000 ETFs for you to consider adding to your portfolio.
- Stock Rover’s Essentials plan provides subscribers with five years of historical company financials, which can be useful while conducting detailed portfolio analytics.
For only $7.99 a month, this plan presents many advantages over the free plan. Being able to screen ETFs will help you diversify your portfolio, but it’s important to remember that many powerful features—such as margin of safety calculations—are only available on the “Premium” or “Premium Plus” plans.
Stock Rover’s Premium Plan
- The premium plan offers over 350 different metrics to keep you informed in every facet of a stock’s performance.
- At this subscription level, customers can look back up to 10 years of a given company’s financial history.
- Investors can export their data, making this a useful subscription level who want to send Stock Rover’s market research to his or her brokerage firm.
- Stock Rover’s customer service also improves at this point. Premium subscribers are given priority when contacting the platform’s customer service e-mail line.
Monthly subscription expenses jump up to $17.99 per month on the Premium plan, but this is the first plan to offer complete portfolio management. You’ll also gain rebalancing functionality, correlation analysis, and future dividend income projection; however, you’ll be limited when it comes to fair value and margin of safety scores, having only twenty per month.
This limit is expanded on Stock Rover’s Premium Plus. While this top-tier subscription can be useful for the most involved of traders, most individual investors will be best served by the base premium plan.
Stock Rover’s Premium Plus
- You’ll have access to 300 additional metrics with this plan (650 total).
- This plan removes all limits on key features (stock ratings, investor warnings, & fair value and margin of safety ratings) while simultaneously unlocking every feature of the platform.
- You’ll receive top-priority email support from the support staff.
- Premium Plus offers the highest data limits of any Stock Rover plan.
Spending only $10 more every month ($27/month) will put all of Stock Rover’s features at your fingertips. From complete use of all the platform’s technical indicators to detailed ratio charts, the Premium Plus plan offers everything you could ever need to maximize your trading potential.
Accessibility and Security
Stock Rover can be accessed anywhere in the world. There are no physical limitations as long as subscribers have reliable internet access.
Customer Service can be accessed through the website or by issuing a ticket through Stock Rover’s support team’s email address. Users of the paid services are afforded priority over those who use the company’s free platform. The customer service phone line costs an additional $50 per year for the service charge. Stock Rover’s telephones are staffed from 9 AM-5 PM, Monday through Friday, EST.
Stock Rover does not have an independent mobile application, but its desktop website can be accessed anywhere. As long as a user has either an iPhone or Android-based smartphone, they can access their account wherever they have reliable wi-fi or mobile data-based internet service.
The company also advertises the security of its transactions. All Stock Rover transactions dealt through the firm’s network are encrypted and are inaccessible to third parties. Company networks also boast multiple layers of firewall protection and authorized access to user information is kept to a limited basis.
Stock Rover Research Reports
Stock Rover trades in over 7,000 different stocks and subscribers can gain access to their proprietary research reports. These reports contain both historical and real-time data for each stock. Metrics provided include an in-house generated overall rating of the stock along with more traditional data such as return efficiency, ratings compared to similar assets, overall growth, and strength of valuation.
These reports can either be viewed in real-time on the company’s website or saved as a PDF. This ability to export a research report can be especially helpful for those who wish to export them out to a brokerage firm before considering a particular trade with a given financial advisor.
Portfolio Management Tools
Stock Rover keeps up with other investment advice companies in making sure that its subscribers keep their portfolios in line with each person’s investment strategy and specific preferences.
Individuals can even export their Stock Rover portfolios into their current brokerage either automatically or manually. The firm’s portfolio management services can then analyze and help investors plan where to go from there.
This makes Stock Rover a great option for individuals who either want further advice on where to take their investments or need advice on where to make their next move. Stock Rover can take your current market position and help you improve it. Subscribers can receive text or email reports on how their current assets are holding and even set alerts to report based on user-set parameters for a given security.
Is Stock Rover Right for You?
Stock Rover is a great option for:
- Long-term investors who require in-depth dividend analysis.
- Anyone who is an active trader and wants immediate market updates set to his or her individual parameters.
- Investors who already are established with a brokerage firm and can act on all of the last-minute information that Stock Rover provides.
- Experienced investors who are ready to take the next step in making every investment as efficient as possible.
If you think that Stock Rover is right for you, you can start right here to maximize your earnings!