Australia has the ideal climate and landscape to enjoy some of the fastest used cars on the market. Sunny days and wide open roads make for great driving conditions and for speed lovers, there are a whole host of options of fast, used cars.
Getting a fast used car in Australia for under 60k is easier than you might think with lots of models from a variety of different brands. Buying a used car means you get to enjoy some of the top car models on offer, for a fraction of the price you’d pay for them when new.
- Ford Focus RS: The majority of the drive in this speedy model is in the rear wheels so it’s perfect for those wanting to really get things going and spin tyres. You can enjoy a 2.3 litre four cylinder turbo engine and the acceleration is exceptional. Used models retain the fun and fast nature of this well made car.
- Subaru WRX STI: A real favourite on the fast car market, the Subaru has been around for close to 25 years now. Many people underestimate it as a sedan but it’s got some serious speed to it with a horizontally opposed configuration helping the engine.
- BMW M140i: Buying this model used gives you all the benefits of an exceptional car but at a fraction of the cost. Drivers love the 3.0 litre six cylinder turbo engine which offers 250kW and 500Nm. Its size makes many underestimate it – so you’ll be surprised!
- Volkswagen Golf R: this is such a popular model and comes in a variety of versions. One of the most recent updates offers a 2.0litre four cylinder turbo as well as an impressive four wheel drive system. If that’s not enough it can also reach 100km/h in under 5 seconds.
- Honda Civic Type R: Many drivers feel like they’re off to outer space in this futuristic looking car. It has a 2.0 litre engine and six speed manual gear box with multiple drive modes for you to test out. The power and torque are both impressive and it’s a pleasure to drive.
- Audi S1 Sportback: Expensive to buy when new, Audis are good at retaining their capabilities when you purchase a used model. This one has a 4 cylinder turbo engine and Quattro all wheel drive. The appearance is sleek and well designed and it’s surprisingly fuel efficient thanks to a Stop/Start system.
- Mazda 3 SP25: Those looking for safe speed will enjoy the 5 star ANCAP safety rating that comes with this Mazda. A used hatchback coming in well below 60k, you’ll be able to enjoy six speed automatic drive and 18 inch alloy wheels.
- Holden Commodore SS: This is a 6.2 litre V8 sedan and it’s super popular with people wanting one of the fastest used cars out there. The 304kW/570Nm never fails to impress and it’s a real Australian favourite.
- Fiat Abarth 595: You can’t fail to look stylish in this nifty and nippy car. The 1.4 litre turbo engine can easily get to 60mph in under 7 seconds and can offer speeds of up to 140mph.