Ticker Nerd Review 2024: Your trusted investment newsletter

Jeremy Biberdorf
By: Jeremy Biberdorf
May 19, 2023
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase a product through our links.
Ticker Nerd Logo

4.5/5

4.5 rating based on 5 ratings

Learn More

In a nutshell: Ticker Nerd is a premium investing newsletter that helps everyday retail investors find US stocks worth investing in. Adopting a long-term perspective, each report is crafted with a time horizon spanning three to five years.

Their model is straightforward. Ticker Nerd offers free educational resources for investors and a premium membership with access to their stock reports. Each report is sent monthly and contains two stocks that their team has uncovered. After joining you’ll also get full access to their archive, which contains a complete backlog of all of their previous reports.

What stands out most is that the reports are objective, they leverage quality data sources, and always cover the risks of a stock.

Keep reading to see whether Ticker Nerd is the investment newsletter for you!

Service TypeFees Promotion
$39.95/mo OR $199/yr Investment newsletterNo

Ticker Nerd Home Image

Pros & Cons
Pros
  • Data points you won’t find in other newsletters
  • Literally saves you hours of research
  • Takes less than 5 mins to read
  • Easy to read and understand
  • They cover the risks
  • Unbiased reports
Cons
  • No daily newsletter
  • Currently limited to US stocks
  • They don’t send PDF reports yet

What is Ticker Nerd?

Ticker Nerd is a premium investing newsletter specializing in uncovering promising US stocks for retail investors with a long-term focus. Launched in 2020 by Samuel Renotte and Luciano Viterale, former Reserve Bank employees, it provides in-depth monthly reports spanning a three to five-year investment horizon.

These reports not only highlight potential stock opportunities but also delve deep into risks, leveraging high-quality data sources for a balanced viewpoint.

With an ethos of educating its audience, Ticker Nerd goes beyond mere stock recommendations, offering both free and premium educational resources to foster informed decision-making in the investment realm.

Ticker Nerd is best for…

Ticker Nerd is best suited for investors that understand the barbell strategy, where 85% of your investments are conservative (low chance of loss) and 15% of your investments are aggressive (high risk but high reward). They’re not trying to convince their members that picking stocks is a way to get rich. Instead, they make it clear that you should have a sensible investment strategy but still invest in stocks with huge upside.

Ticker Nerd can help you make better decisions for the aggressive part of your portfolio by looking for stocks that have the potential to 10x in the next 3-5 years. So with that in mind Ticker Nerd is best suited for investors that are comfortable taking long-term bets on high-quality stocks.

External Ticker Nerd Review & Ratings

SiteRating
Product Hunt5 from 7 reviews

Here are some reviews from traders who have experienced the platform firsthand:

“I think this will be game changer for people investing in crypto.”
“A great way to keep on top of what’s hot before the rest of the market knows.”

The team behind Ticker Nerd

The Ticker Nerd story is definitely an interesting one.

It was founded in late 2020 by Samuel Renotte and Luciano Viterale, who are both ex-Reserve Bank employees. Shortly into their journey, they were acquired by fintech company Finder.com. However, both co-founders ended up re-acquiring the business in 2023.

Whilst they leverage their own software to do the heavy lifting, they also have a team of analysts. This includes Steve Rogers, a stock writer with over 20 years of experience.

Features

Ticker Nerd only offers one monthly report but it’s still packed with value. Each report touches on these key signals and data points:

  • What the company does
  • Why it’s growing in interest
  • Hedge fund trading data
  • Social media sentiment data on Reddit and Twitter
  • Fundamental analysis
  • Quantitative analysis
  • How it could be more valuable
  • Risks to watch out for

The good news is that you can read the reports in about five minutes. I did time myself and some took slightly longer but the bottom line is that it won’t be a hassle to read.

All paid memberships

Pricing and plans

There’s only one service you can pay for with Ticker Nerd, although they do have a free educational email “course”.

$0 – Free tier

Ticker Nerd doesn’t have a traditional free daily newsletter yet, although when I asked the founders they mentioned it’s in the pipeline. However, they offer a great educational email series that breaks down their approach to writing the reports.  You’ll be sent resources, strategies, and even Twitter threads to help you stay on top of the market.

$39.95/mo – Premium tier

The premium membership will cost you $39.95/mo which is on par with some of the existing investing newsletters in the space. Morningstar Investor charges $34.95/month and Seeking Alpha charges $29.99/mo although it is a slightly different service.

$199/yr – Premium tier

The real value of Ticker Nerd is found in the yearly subscription which is very competitive. Similar services such as Motley Fool and Zacks Premium charge $249 per year for this.

Is Ticker Nerd right for you?

Hopefully, by now you have understood that Ticker Nerd is for investors that subscribe to the barbell strategy and are comfortable investing for a 3-5 year time horizon. In saying that I have reviewed previous editions and found a handful of their stocks that are up significantly already.

Regardless of their previous performance, no investing newsletter will ever guarantee a positive ROI. Whilst I can appreciate their reports are well thought out, easy to read, and objective I still think all investors should do their own research.

However, if you’re interested in subscribing to a trustworthy service with thousands of happy customers I recommend trying Ticker Nerd.

Jeremy Biberdorf

About the Author:

Jeremy Biberdorf is the founder of Modest Money. He’s a father of 2 beautiful girls, a dog owner, a long-time online entrepreneur and an investing enthusiast.