The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) had agreed on March 27th, 2018 a new set of rules for retail CFD trading. The product intervention measures ESMA had agreed under Article 40 of the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation include the following features:
- Restricted leverage levels, ranging from 30:1 to 2:1, depending on the underlying instruments’ volatility.
- 50% of minimum required margin
- Negative balance protection on a per account basis
These measures will be applied for retail traders, and that is why trade.com had developed a program specially designed for professional traders called Elective Professional Program.
As a professional client, each trade.com client can have a series of benefits, including high leverage levels, trading via a cutting-edge platform, and priority support via a dedicated account manager.
All trade.com clients wanting to qualify as a professional trader will need to meet specific criteria in order to become part of the Elective Professional Program.
The main three aspects that will be reviewed are as follows:
- Past trading volume – each professional client needs to have made an average of 10 transactions per quarter for the last 4 consecutive quarter with any regulated brokerage company
- Trading portfolio – financial instruments portfolio in excess of 500,000 EUR
- Experience – More than a year of professional experience in the financial sector.
Traders that will manage to qualify will benefit from a series of advanced features and more flexible trading conditions. .
The pillars of being an Elective Professional Client
- Enhanced trading with higher leverage – professional clients will continue to trade with high leverage with up to 300:1 levels, besides benefiting from other advanced features like Traders Trends, Markets Consensus, Trading Central and Trading Now.
- 24/5 Client Support – traders that will qualify for the Elective Professional Program will get a fast response to their inquiries via the trade.com professional team support. Online CFD trading can be challenging due to volatile instruments and dynamic market changes, which is why all trade.com professional traders are being covered.
- Personal trading assistant – professional clients will also have a dedicated personal assistant which will be able to take calls with minimal delays and give assistance in real time. The personal assistant will be responsible for providing updates on the latest features or newly-launched promotions.
The trade.com Elective Professional Program is aimed to deliver a consistent package of features to experienced traders that want to get involved in the markets by using high-quality services from a high-quality online broker.