TradeStation Review 2023
|By: Jeremy Biberdorf||July 10, 2022|
In a nutshell: TradeStation is a stockbroker founded in the United States in 1982. The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulate it. Clients can receive up to $500,000 in investor protection per account (including up to $250,000 in cash).
TradeStation is generally considered safe since it has a long-standing track record of transparently reporting its financials, with the Monex Group being its parent company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
|$0 per trade||$500||With a minimum deposit of $500, you can receive an extra $150 cash credit.|
TradeStation Is Best For:
- Active and advanced traders
- Futures, stock, and options traders
- Traders interested in cryptocurrency trading
- Traders focusing on U.S. markets
- Traders focusing on buy-and-hold investing
- High-standard trading platforms
- It provides extensive research
- ETF, option trades, and commission-free stock
- Sophisticated tools.
- Active trader community.
- Affordable trading fees
- Education and High-quality research tools
- Free trading on the advanced platform necessitates the use of T.S. Select.
- It doesn’t provide transaction-fee-free mutual funds
- Pricing and plans can be confusing
- Customer service could be better
- It doesn’t support forex trading
How Does TradeStation Work?
TS GO: $0
TS Select: $2,000
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
|Mobile app||Provides desktop platform core features. iOS and Android versions are available|
|Customer support services.||Email, phone, and live chat are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday|
Full TradeStation Review
TradeStation is an excellent option for serious investors looking for a trading experience unique to professionals. What is more, TradeStation used to cater solely to money managers and professional brokers. Regular investors now have access to TradeStation’s high-yield tools, especially since the company reduced trading costs to zero dollars and the minimum investment to zero dollars for its TS GO offering.
The broker’s T.S. Select plan, which usually involves a $2,000 investment initially but provides access to the full suite of tools and free trades from the powerful TradeStation ten Desktop platform, will be more appealing to experienced investors.
TradeStation offers over 2,000 funds but doesn’t have any no-transaction-fee funds.
For those who do not meet trading minimums or certain accounts, access to many features requires an extra financial subscription or outlay. In addition, TradeStation charges a $50 annual fee for inactivity for accounts that do not meet trade minimums or certain balances.
Any type or style of trading can be accommodated by TradeStation, and we’ll reveal more about some of these products as we continue to review TradeStation. However, for your convenience, here is a high-level breakdown:
- Stocks: TradeStation offers advanced stock trading technology, as well as a massive amount of intelligence and data in the form of free real-time market data packages and huge historical stock market data.
- ETFs: If you would like to invest in ETFs, TradeStation offers over 2,000 different options.
- Options: In addition to the Options trading dashboard, you will have access to position graphs and Options Chains to help you trade more efficiently and effectively, as well as a wealth of resources for experienced and beginners options traders.
- Futures: TradeStation provides access to back-testing, contract views, historical data, and a variety of charting tools, as well as the ability to integrate with other types of trades.
- IPOs: In addition to ClickIPO, TradeStation acts as a broker for purchasing IPO stocks, ensuring that you do not miss out on a promising IPO by providing watchlists, notifications, and a wide range of IPOs to browse.
- Crypto: Unlike most traditional trading platforms, TradeStation includes a decent set of Crypto trading tools. For the time being, it only supports LTC, BCH, USDC, BTC, and ETH. But you can buy/sell cryptocurrency and earn interest on your investments.
Frequently Asked Questions
TradeStation provides a variety of tools, including research, educational videos, news, and in-depth scanners.
To help you gain purchasing power, TradeStation provides equities margin interest rates as low as 3.5%.
TradeStation provides commission-free trading on ETFs, options, stocks, and futures. It also offers free market data with no monthly platform fees.
TradeStation Crypto provides a platform that supports buying and selling of cryptocurrencies allowing you to quickly switch between all TradeStation trading platforms. TradeStation Securities also allows you to trade futures, options, and stocks.