How Does TradeStation Work?
TS GO: $0
TS Select: $2,000
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
|Mobile app||Provides desktop platform core features. iOS and Android versions are available|
|Customer support services. ||Email, phone, and live chat are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday|
Get Started With TradeStation
External Tradestation Review & Ratings
|Tradingview||4.5 from 9660 review|
|Apple App Store||4.5 from 17,333 review|
Here are some reviews from traders who have experienced the platform firsthand:
“I have nothing but good things to say about TradeStation. Opening an account was straightforward and simple which only took a day or two for the deposit and begin trading. The integration with my charting platform has been really good (although opportunity for some improvements), and I use the integration to place almost all my trades through TS.
I’ve also had to open three support issues, two by chat and one over the phone, and I’ll say great customer service with quick resolution.
I haven’t had to withdrawal so we’ll see how that experience goes, but overall, extremely impressed with TS as very active day trader primarily in Futures.”
“I have traded with Tradestation for a couple of years now. I have to say, their web platform and mobile app have revolutionized my trading experience. I absolutely love it! The look and user experience is first rate. The Matrix is a wonderful feature to show level 2 and price action. I also have found their customer service to be very good. My only complaint is the fact that pre mkt trading opens at 8:00 am EST instead of 7:00 am. Another thing I love about Tradestation is the intraday short locate feature, as I trade both long and short. Honestly, I’m shocked at all of the one star reviews here!”
“They offer top investment tools making it easy and intuitive to either make short-term or long-term investments. One of the best online investments picks alongside Bitrearer at the moment.”
“Good broker being in the game for a while. Solid charting platform. In the age of zero fees there are few brokers that will give you DMA on equities.”
Full TradeStation Review
TradeStation is an excellent option for serious investors looking for a trading experience unique to professionals. What is more, TradeStation used to cater solely to money managers and professional brokers. Regular investors now have access to TradeStation’s high-yield tools, especially since the company reduced trading costs to zero dollars and the minimum investment to zero dollars for its TS GO offering.
The broker’s T.S. Select plan, which usually involves a $2,000 investment initially but provides access to the full suite of tools and free trades from the powerful TradeStation ten Desktop platform, will be more appealing to experienced investors.
TradeStation offers over 2,000 funds but doesn’t have any no-transaction-fee funds.
For those who do not meet trading minimums or certain accounts, access to many features requires an extra financial subscription or outlay. In addition, TradeStation charges a $50 annual fee for inactivity for accounts that do not meet trade minimums or certain balances.
Any type or style of trading can be accommodated by TradeStation, and we’ll reveal more about some of these products as we continue to review TradeStation. However, for your convenience, here is a high-level breakdown:
- Stocks: TradeStation offers advanced stock trading technology, as well as a massive amount of intelligence and data in the form of free real-time market data packages and huge historical stock market data.
- ETFs: If you would like to invest in ETFs, TradeStation offers over 2,000 different options.
- Options: In addition to the Options trading dashboard, you will have access to position graphs and Options Chains to help you trade more efficiently and effectively, as well as a wealth of resources for experienced and beginners options traders.
- Futures: TradeStation provides access to back-testing, contract views, historical data, and a variety of charting tools, as well as the ability to integrate with other types of trades.
- IPOs: In addition to ClickIPO, TradeStation acts as a broker for purchasing IPO stocks, ensuring that you do not miss out on a promising IPO by providing watchlists, notifications, and a wide range of IPOs to browse.
- Crypto: Unlike most traditional trading platforms, TradeStation includes a decent set of Crypto trading tools. For the time being, it only supports LTC, BCH, USDC, BTC, and ETH. But you can buy/sell cryptocurrency and earn interest on your investments.