Vaulted Review 2023
|By: Jeremy Biberdorf||May 12, 2023|
In a nutshell: Vaulted is a financial firm that facilitates the buying and selling of gold via the Vaulted mobile app. The gold is stored securely on your behalf in the Royal Canadian Mint for a reasonable annual fee.
Vaulted has relatively low transaction fees and a high level of transparency compared to some of its competitors (i.e. other online gold brokers). But does this mean it’s the right option for you?
Keep reading for our comprehensive Vaulted review so you can learn more about Vaulted, including details on how it works, its top features, pricing, and more.
Transaction Fee | 1.8% deducted from the total value of each buy or sell order
Maintenance Fee | 0.4% per year, deducted semi-annually
Shipping Fees | Applicable for home delivery
- Competitive transaction and maintenance fees
- Safe and secure storage through the Canadian Mint
- Automated orders available
- Easy-to-use mobile app
- There are restrictions on delivery for smaller amounts
- Fees can add up, especially with larger transactions
Vaulted Review 2023 | Is Vaulted Right for Me?
If you are looking for a super simple way to invest in gold, the world’s premier precious metal, Vaulted could be a great option to consider. With Vaulted, you can count on reasonable transaction and storage fees and a high degree of transparency.
All in all, Vaulted may be a good option for people who would like to diversify their portfolios by buying gold, which is a classic hedge against downturns in equity markets. It’s also a good introduction to gold investing for beginners, thanks to its sleek and intuitive mobile app. Finally, it’s a solid option for gold investors who want a liquid investment that they can easily buy or sell without too much hassle.
While Vaulted is a top gold broker, how well does it align with your specific investment needs and preferences? Keep reading to learn more, including about how it works as well as its top features, pricing, and more.
How Does Vaulted Work?
Vaulted is pretty simple. It provides you with something akin to a brokerage account where you can buy, hold, and sell gold. Vaulted only sells real, Canadian-minted gold bars that are guaranteed and stored by the Royal Candian Vault. This means you get security and peace of mind with an insured and highly protected investment.
You can also request to have your gold bars shipped to your home or to a private vault if you prefer. Another neat feature is the ability to automate trades. This way you can dollar-cost average your way into holding more gold, or sell off your stash slowly over time if you’re so inclined.
Vaulted’s fees (covered more below) are pretty reasonable. The only real drawbacks to Vaulted are the inability to ship small amounts of gold as well as the inability to invest in gold in alternative ways (such as a gold-indexed ETF).
Vaulted provides various notable features that help set it apart from other online precious metals brokers, including the following:
- Royal Candian Mint backing – By purchasing gold bars minted, guaranteed, and then stored by the Royal Candian Mint, Vaulted ensures a legitimate product and service for its traders.
- Storage or shipping – The flexibility of being able to store with the Royal Canadian Mint or have your gold bars shipped to you or a private vault is a big plus. Unfortunately, you need to buy an ounce or more to ship to your own private vault or a safe deposit box.
- VaultPlan- In this day and age traders expect a lot of flexibility, and Vaulted’s VaultPlan provides the ability to purchase a set amount of gold up to two times per month. This kind of automated trading has become standard with many of the most innovative trading apps, so it’s a welcome addition from this leading gold broker.
- Reasonable fees – Many gold and precious metals brokers have high fees. Vaulted only charges a transaction fee per transaction and then a maintenance or shipping fee depending on if you’re holding your gold with the Royal Candian Mint or elsewhere.
- Liquidity – Physical gold can be less liquid than stocks and ETFs. This isn’t the case with Vaulted, though, as you can easily buy and sell gold through their app.
Vaulted Pricing & Fees
Vaulted has three types of fees to keep in mind. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Transaction Fee | 1.8% deducted from the total value of each buy or sell order
- Maintenance Fee | 0.4% per year, deducted semi-annually
- Shipping Fees | Applicable for home delivery
Is Vaulted Worth It?
Vaulted is an easy-to-use gold broker with a sleek app and lots to like. Your gold is always insured and can be carefully stored with the Royal Canadian Mint or in your own private vault or safe deposit box.
To check out Vaulted for yourself, click here to see how it aligns with what you’re looking for in an online gold broker.